Do you like this story?
New Years Resolution: 30 FUN ways Get in Shape!
We’ve all known a friend (or ourselves) say that they’ve eaten waaaaay too much over the holidays and now want to get back into ship shape. ‘But exercise is boring and hard!’
Ah, but that is where you are wrong! Here is 30 FUN ways to burn 300 calories. Ready, Set, BURN!
1. Get together with a friend (or on your own) and powerwalk for 50 minutes!
2. Go back to the 70′s and rollerskate for half an hour. Yes, you can even wear your leotard and legwarmers!
3. Take over the ski machine at the gym for 22 minutes. You can even close your eyes and imagine the snow underneath you if you like
4. Re-arrange a room in your house and lug around furniture for about 35 minutes. 300 calories burnt, you feel good about yourself, and you’ve got a whole new Feng Shui about the place!
5. Do 40 minutes of low impact aerobics (either at a class or in your living room). It’s even another excuse to break out the legwarmers!
6. You know that old bike you haven’t used in donkey’s years? Dig it out and go for a ride! Just under half an hour is all you need.
7. Book a badminton or tennis court for 45 minutes and persuade a friend to have a match with you! But no, cake is not the prize for the winner ladies.
8. Do just under 30 minutes of medium impact circuit training exercise. This includes a few ‘stations’ around the room. So station one could be abdominal crunches or full sit ups. Station 2 could then move onto leg lunges (the deeper the lunge, the more it hurts and works), station 3 moves on to arms. Press-ups or weight lifting (dont try and lift weights that are too heavy). Do 6 stations of 5 minutes each. Don’t forget the good workout music.
9. After christmas the house may be a bit of a mess, so spring (or should we say winter) clean your house for an hour. Two birds with one stone really!
10. Have a laugh with a friend, or your partner. Go to a dance class and learn a new style of dance! Being a dancer myself I know how fun dancing is, and because you’re enjoying it that much, you totally forget about how much of a workout it really is! If you’re with your partner try taking a salsa class for an hour, or if your with a friend then things like Zumba classes or Dance Aerobics are spot on for a fun workout!
11. Take a 35 minute hike in the countryside. Working out, seeing the beautiful sights and even de-stressing after a hard day at work perhaps? Then order a low calorie drink at the pub afterwards!
12. If your more of the get-up-and-go type, then a 30 minute job is right in your comfort zone. Stick your headphones in and blast some of your favourite tunes to get you through it.
13. If you’ve had a hard day at work and are generally feeling a bit fed up, let out some of that aggression with a kick boxing class. It’s a hard workout, i’ll warn you. But if you think you can handle it, then just 20 miunutes is enough. Watch out Ricky Hatton!
14. If you want to work out but it’s a nice day outside, how about tidying up your garden for 45 minutes?
15. If you like animals, a 30 minute walk with your dog is a perfect way to exercise those mince pies off!
16. Do a 55 minute Aqua Aerobics. This is perfect if you’re not the skinniest girl in the world but still want to make the effort. The water gives extra resistance so you still get a workout but it doesn’t feel as hard as it is. Plus, its a bonus if you get a hot male instructer!
17. Pretend you’re an olympic rower, 25 minutes on the rowing machine at your local gym will do the trick!
18. Give horse riding a try. Book a 90 minute session, you’ll be a pro in no time!
19. Get together with a friend or partner and have a aggressive game of squash. Another de-stresser and a brill workout. If your not sweating after it then you may be tougher than Rambo himself!
20. 20 minutes of fast paced front stroke at the swimming baths will do the trick.
21. Clean around your kitchen for 40 minutes, two jobs in one go!
22. Another tough workout is spinning. Take an hour long spinning class for beginners and you’ll probably burn more than 300 calories, and most likely won’t be able to walk the day after. All in the name of good fitness thought!
23. As its the festive season, why don’t you get together with friends and go ice skating. An excuse to put on your best woolies and make a fool of yourself. 40 minutes of ice skating will do.
24. Scrape off the hideous wallpaper in the living room that you know EVERYONE hates. 40 minutes and you’ll be down 300 calories and will have probably made a lovely mess in the living room. Job done!
25. Just because you want to get fit, doesn’t mean you have to cancel your life whilst you’re doing it! Go on a night out with friends (gin and tonic or vodka and diet coke!). Dance for at least 35 minutes (even though we all know you’ll be the last ones on the dance floor!).
26. Take over the running machine at the gym and run for 21 minutes. Run at a pace of about 10 minutes per mile. Allow longer for slower paces.
27. Get your freak on (did I really just say that?) and have a go at Martial Arts. Take a tae kwan do class for just 21 minutes!
28. Get together with a friend that has either a Nintendo Wii or Xbox Kinect. Challenge eachother on an exercise game, (Wii Sports or a dance game for the kinect). Make it more interesting by adding a 5 sit-up penalty for the loser of each game. Do this for about an hour (or longer if you’re having fun).
29. Learn to snorkel at your local pool – practise this for about 45 minutes.
30. This may seem like a really embarrasing idea but get together with friends. Each learn a 5 minute workout concentrating on one part of the body (e.g. abdominals or bums) and lead your own mini aerobics class. (You & your friends save the money and have loads of fun doing it). Take it in turns to teach the class, then when one person is finished swap over to the next person.
Have fun and happy exercising!