Do you like this story?
8 Top Tips For Burning Fat In The New Year!
1. Don’t be too enthusiastic with your exercise choices: We can all get super motivated after new year and somehow think they are all exercise superhero’s and go for the really intense exercises. The best way to burn fat is to pick exercise that you know you can do frequently and properly.
2. The more intense the exercise, the more fat you will burn. Some people advise to perform exercises slower because it burns more fat. Nooooooo. The more physically difficult the exercise, the more calories you will burn. (as long as you stick with the exercise for enough time so it will start working).
3. The key to burning fat is to strengthen your body first so it can get used to exercise. The stronger you get, the easier exercises will become and the more intense your workout sessions can get.
4. Change it up. While a lot of us will find an exercise that works for us and will do that exercise and that exercise only, this isnt recommended. After a while, your chosen exercise will start to become less effective as your body will get used to it. Obviously the exercise will still work to a certain extent, but the longer you do it, the less effective it will become. Developing that exercise is a perfect way to prevent this but stay comfortable. For example: if your chosen exercise is stomach crunches you can either up the amount of crunches per session or you can add a leg lift as you crunch or you could crunch up, twist to one side, then return to the centre and back down. (taking either 4 or 8 counts to do one rep).
5. You may have heard that exercising on an empty stomach burns calories quicker. While it’s true that if you exercise without eating after a night’s sleep means that your body has to rely on fat stores to function, this may affect the way you perform. You may not be able to work out for as long, or as hard than you would do if you had eaten something. Even a banana is sustainable.
6. Weight bearing exercise is the winner. Your body has to work harder to work against gravity. Weight bearing exercises such as Running, jogging and walking will burn fat and calories quicker than non weight bearing exercises like swimming and cycling.
7. Working in small bursts of intense exercise, followed by some recovery time is often said to be more effective than longer bursts of moderate exercise. The key is to work outside of your comfort zone and then recover completely. 30 reps of difficult exercise followed by 1 minute resting time is ideal for people who want to workout but don’t have hours spare to do so. People with regular 5 minute breaks throughout their day could use this as a guide to exercising throughout the day.
8. Achievable exercise! While squats and skipping are effective exercise, it’s no good if you can only do it for a couple of minutes. Choosing achievable exercises like stomach crunches and jogging/running are better as they can be done for a long of time.
Happy New Year and Happy New You!